To support the presentation in Autumn 2019 on “Where are we going?”, we’ve now produced a series of ten videos explaining various aspects of this challenge to the church. They are published on this page with the most recent one at the top, so if you want to see them in order, go to the bottom of this page and then scroll upwards!
These challenges to the church remain key to what we are doing, and they are running through the Spring preaching series on 1 Thessalonians. Scroll down to see the 8 areas.
As we look to the future, please join us as a church community as we seek to grow in the following EIGHT areas:
1. In our heart and commitment to CORPORATE PRAYER – a strong indicator of which is attendance at our monthly church prayer meetings.
2. In our willingness to SERVE – where people are excited to find opportunities to serve wherever it’s most needed.
3. In our desire to grow as disciples – being actively involved in a regular GROWTH GROUP.
4. In our attitude to SUNDAY SERVICES – being excited to come each week, not asking ‘what can I get’ but ‘how does God want me to give?’
5. In our attendance at CHURCH BUSINESS MEETINGS – where people own the decisions of the church and want to shape the future of the church in a gospel shaped direction.
6. In our FINANCIAL GIVING – where finance for the central calling and ministry of the church, under the direction of the elders, would be increasing in line with the churches purpose, and any finance for bricks and mortar would be in addition to this giving.
7. In our determination to live DISTINCTIVELY CHRIST-LIKE LIVES – making choices, not according to our own personal preferences or comfort, but because Christ really is Lord.
8. In our support of the CHURCH LEADERSHIP – praying for and submitting to the direction set by those we believe God has called and appointed to serve/lead HSBC.