The parting words of Jesus to his followers as he left them to return to his Father were: “You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8 – NIV).
As his followers in the time between his going away and his coming back again we, too, are called to witness to him:
- as a local church fellowship and as individual believers,
- to people in our town and district and in the wider world,
- among all who are touched by our words, deeds and whole lives,
- in person or by phone, letters, emails or other means, and
- as we serve him in the church and our homes, communities, work-places or the places to which we travel.
We’re putting this into practice with a focus on seven main areas:
2. Communication with the wider community
3. Community relationships
4. Local Mission and Gospel Events
5. Schools and Children
6. Service and witness in our everyday lives and workplaces
7. World mission support